If you are doing marketing you probably know the term PPC Specialist. If you want to start your career in the marketing field, you should consider trying PPC campaigns and start your new career. In this article, we will look into what PPC is, how to start your first campaigns and also you will learn what are the common mistakes so you can avoid them.
What is PPC?
The shortcut PPC stands for pay-per-click. PPC marketing is a form of online advertising in which advertisers and sellers pay for every click on their ads. Thanks to PPC campaigns you can achieve increased sales, generate leads and promote brand awareness.
PPC campaigns must be relevant. People are searching for specific products, information and services at any given time. In Google Ads you can set up your campaigns to be shown at the exact moment this search is occurring. Also, you can set the time when your ads will be visible – for example, if you see in your campaigns that there are no or not many clicks or conversions between 1 AM to 5 AM you can simply turn your ads at this time to save your money.
If you are the owner of an e-shop, for example, you are selling t-shirts, your ads should appear only when someone types some keywords that you are using for your campaigns.
How to start with PPC campaigns
You as a business owner or employee have a ton of options when it comes to marketing. As we mentioned before, your PPC campaigns can provide traffic, customers, leads almost instantly once your campaigns start running. In this part we will show you how to start with your first PPC campaign.
- Brainstorming – The first step you need to do is to think about your campaigns. What are your goals? What are the exact numbers you want to achieve? What is the audience you want to advertise to? These are the basic questions you need to ask yourself before you start any campaign.
- Do your keyword research – The keywords are really important for your campaigns. Keywords will trigger your ads to be shown to the right audience. If you want to start making the list of keywords by your own hand you will lose many hours. We recommend you to use some tools that will help you with your keywords.
- Include negative keywords in your PPC campaigns – Negative keywords help you exclude some search terms from your campaigns and help you with your focus on only the keywords that are important to your customers. Do not forget to include some in your future campaigns.
- Watch your budget – For example, in Google Ads you can have really successful campaigns with not that much money. In the first campaign ask yourself how much you are willing to invest. Do not start with big campaigns that can hurt your business.
- Do a research of your competition – Do not be afraid to look at the ads or website of your competition. You need to learn what they are doing and what you are not. You can learn many strategies and tactics that can help you improve your business.
What are the benefits of PPC campaigns
PPC marketing and campaigns offer many benefits. Now we will look at some of them.
|✔||#1 You can reach your audiences cost-effectively.|
|✔||#2 PPC campaigns provide instant traffic.|
|✔||#3 You can achieve warm leads.|
|✔||#4 You can achieve positive ROI (return-on-investment).|
|✔||#5 You can use multi-layered targeting and remarketing.|
Common mistakes for every new PPC Specialist
Each of us started somehow. Don’t be afraid of the mistakes that are definitely waiting for you. Every mistake can be turned into an experience and thanks to them you will move forward. In this section, we will describe the most common mistakes of PPC specialists that you can avoid in the future.
- You do not have specifying goals – At the first point, you need to set your goals. You need to analyze your business. For example, if your primary goal is to sell your products you need to set up your campaigns and analytics correctly on the sales. If your goal is to gain new leads you need to prepare a beautiful landing page and track registrations.
- You are not optimizing your campaign – After you start your first campaign do not let it “die”. You need to always analyse your results and try to improve them. For example, you will find out that you are spending too much. Analyze when you do not have any sales and turn your ads off at that specific time.
- You have a bad website – You can have a perfect campaign but if your website is not simple, good-looking people or trustful people won’t buy anything and you will be wondering what is wrong with your campaigns.
- You are trying to do too much – This is the common problem of every new PPC specialist. Do not try to do too much, for example, do not bid on everything. Even if the searches may not be 100% relevant. You do not want to spend $250 to sell a $25 service.
- You want to quit too early – A PPC campaign can have a slow start. You need to give it as much time as possible. Some campaigns need to be running for a longer period to be successful.
If you want to become a PPC specialist and start a new career, you still have a long way to go. However, if you persevere, you will move both in the payment grade and in personal development. To begin with, we would recommend you start working for a marketing agency where they will teach you all the basics and where you will work on different campaigns for different clients.
If you enjoy and are fascinated, you can also follow various webinars where specialists sell their experiences to the general public. We keep our fingers crossed for you!